CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 19, 2010

St Lucia!!

I know, I know....i've been back from my trip for a couple of weeks and have yet to blog....well the wait is over! Many of you have already seen the Facebook pics, so this won't be much new...but at least with a bit more commentary! The busyness of life, combined with a ZILLION pics to sort through has led to the delay (ahem..avoidance??!!) in this blog, but I guess I will just have to get over it, because taking a zillion pictures is what i do!!

Sooooo......St Lucia...ahhh.....a little piece of sun-shiney heaven!!! It was GREAT!!!!! Pammer and I had been looking forward to this trip since the END OF OCTOBER!!!! And let me tell you, i was more than ready for a holiday!

We left Vancouver, and after a quick layover in Toronto, where I got to meet my adorable (then) 6 week old nephew and spend a night with my brother and sis-in-law. Check out the facebook pics of the cute little guy! Then...it was off to the Caribbean!!!

We stayed at an all-inclusive.....
And had the BEST room....beachfront suite!!!!!!

Check out the view we woke up to every day!!!!

This was all about a RELAXING holiday...but we also wanted explore the island. I think we had a good balance...it almost worked out to spending one day at the resort chillin' in the sun, then one day out and about, then one day at the resort, then one day out...etc etc....
So...what follows in pictures is a synopsis of what we spent our time doing...trust me, it's a BRIEF synopsis, cuz like I said, i have a ZILLION pictures, and it was hard to choose just a few to post. But I hope it helps you get the idea!
Pedal boats at the resort!!!
It was really hot, so I had to cool off in the ocean on a regular basis!
Crashing waves...so beautiful!

Spent a lot of time doing this......
The resort grounds were beautiful...flowers flowers everywhere!! It was so colourful!
We took a "land and sea" excursion. We got a great overview of the west side of the island, went to a waterfall, volcano, saw the Pitons, and took a catamaran!!! The Pitons are the famous mountains...there are 2 peaks....you can see one of them here!
At the waterfall...nothing overly extravagant, but it's the most popular waterfall on the island because you don't have to hike in...easy access means lots of people!
At our lunch stop...an amazing restaurant called the Mango Tree, with the most unbelievable views
The volcano...see the smoke in the distance? It was stinky like sulpher, but apparently that's a good thing because it means the gases aren't poisonous!!
our handsome tour guide...Lloyd!
We took a catamaran ride back up the coast for the afternoon...and got to stop and swim at one point. One of my best pre-trip purchases was a waterproof case for my little point-and-shoot...SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! I love underwater shots!!

Taking in the scenery
rum and coke!!
On another day, we walked to Pigeon Island. It was really neat to check out all the old stone barracks, canons and amazing views from way up high! Read more about it via the link i attached....it's a pretty cool place...and you may recognize it from some of the recent Bachelor episodes....!!

views of Rodney Bay

At the end of our trip, we splurged....and took a helicopter back down to the airport, rather than the 1 1/2 long drive on winding roads....my first helicopter ride...and TOTALLY worth the money!!
The Pitons from the air
sunsets!!!! Didn't have one every night (stupid late afternoon low cloud that set in....) but did manage to have a couple nights of great skies!




and one final sunset from the airplane

There you have it....a very brief overview of an AMAZING holiday!! It was hot, it was beautiful, it was relaxing, it was GREAT!!

5 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

smells so much better here, like the beach! beautiful trip..not at all envious...working on my fibbing too.

Vanessa said...

looks like such an amazing holidays!! beautiful shots as well! :) thanks for sharing!

kelly ens said...

WOW....amazing pictures of such a beautiful place!

rachel joy said...

amaaaaaaazing!

L&D said...

You had me at rum and coke. That's all I have to say about that.