CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

"31 bottles of wine on the wall...31 bottles of wine...."

So for the last while, Pammer and I have been making wine at a "U Brew" place in Chilliwack...now this is a very uninvolved process on our part...we give them money and 6 weeks later, we pick up our finished product.

Well recently, Pam's brother-in-law Chad has taken up a new hobby - wine making. He's made a couple of batches for himself, that turned out quite wonderfully, so about 6 months ago, we had him start a batch of red for us. Technically it was ready to be bottled 4 months ago, but as you know with wine, the longer it ages, the better it gets...so we let it sit in the giant glass container thingy until this past weekend.

Here are some of the bottles, ready to go...
The wine was transfered from the big glass container thingy into the giant plastic pail (do you like my technical lingo??!!)


Starting to fill the bottles....


Chad, topping off each bottle

And corking them with this fancy corking contraption

And when all was said and done, here are our 31 bottles of Cabernet Sauvingnon....that will now sit in Pam's storage locker and age for many more months.....
Yay wine!!!!

4 comments:

L&D said...

Yay wine is right! Can't wait to have one of those puppies on lifegroup night. Hee hee.

And I particularily like the Laura-thumbs-up picture. Oddly reminds me of some wedding in the summer where you and I had too much wine...........oh the wine. Oh sweet wine.

LeAnna said...

I can't believe you are pouring red wine into a bottle on whitish carpet! I can't even drink a glass of red wine without it leaving it's permanent mark on my whitish living room floor. :(

Mama Bear said...

oooo...i wanna try some!

Theresa said...

You gave me a nice little giggle seeing these pics! I had no idea you had your camera with you! Nicely done!