CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 04, 2006

symphony of fire

So a bunch of us went to see the fireworks in Vancouver the other night, part of Vancouver's annual Symphony of Fire where 4 countries compete for the best display. This display on Wed was put on by the Czech's. TONS of people head down to the beach to watch the fireworks, then when it's all over, we flood the streets like cattle trying to get back to our cars. I tried to take some pics, though without a tripod it was pretty tough....but hey they still look cool


Ok this first pic totally didn't turn out, but i still think it looks cool. The other 2 turned out better


yeah i think this last pic is my favorite, not bad for using my knees as a tripod..lol

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Laur, do you have the Fireworks setting on your Canon? I've got one and I've been dying to see how it works, although I guess having a tripod makes things easier.
So... I'm just packing now... trying to at least. I'll be back from Europe on Aug 22 :)
Nice job at keeping this blog updated by the way!
A

rachel joy said...

hey kiddo, what camera do you have? pz really wants a nikon d70 ... one hand typing, gotta go

r

coffee-to-go-please said...

anna - yes i surely do have the fireworks setting...that's what i used for these pics....it was my first time using it, it's not every day i see fireworks...lol

Rach - I have a Canon A520, just a pretty basic digital with a few fun features