CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

elk mountain



pam and i took advantage of the amazing weather this long weekend and challenged ourselves with a hike up Elk Mountain. Whew did we get a workout.......but it was well worth it! the views were amazing, though i must apologize for the lack of clarity and the foggy valley below us.....welcome to the smog that settles in the Fraser Valley after many straight days of sunshine.

After dragging ourselves to the top of the mountain, we had lunch in the shade (the birds would come eat right out of your hand....see photo above), lounged around a bit and then gave our quads a good workout coming back down (thank you chad and theresa for letting us sit in your hot tub last night.....)

what a great day!! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anna said...

Hey, I just checked out Lan's blog... what's with this super cool grid photo???

coffee-to-go-please said...

i just downloaded picasa the other day and it lets you do fun things like make collages.....though i had to get Lan to help me....but now i think i've got it all figured out....

Alana said...

Hey, I love it that my blog is being discussed on other blogs!!

DAve and JAnie said...

Its Laura! Wow.
This is Janie. I met you through Abby E Free youth group. I just found your blog off of rachels z's!
I had forgotten that you are from winnipeg, which is where i now live. Oh, i love it here, but miss abby tons! I came out here for school, Providence college, after high school, and here i stayed!
Gorgeous pictures. Oh how i desire to see mountains!

Well, hop over to my blog if you want to!
-Janie!