CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 06, 2007

and finally...PEI!!!

The adventure continues! After leaving our family reunion, we headed to Prince Edward Island for a few days. Here I am welcoming you!
We drove across the Confederation Bridge....so cool! It's pretty long, takes close to 10 mins to cross, but a nice, easy way to get to the island. They should definitely consider building a bridge like this between Vancouver and Victoria....

Driving across the bridge

A nice scenic photo of some PEI landscape
Out for dinner one night, we discovered you could actually get beer in a jug this size! We opted to tone it down and just go for a pitcher instead...

We visited the parliament buildings in Charlottown...this is some room where they meet to talk about politics (i really know what i'm talking about, don't i?!!)

Ah yes....what PEI is famous for....Anne of Green Gables!

We walked through the house, and my brother discovered that the doorways are pretty short!

And here we are infront of the famous house



And my dad taking us for a carriage ride...lol


And then it's off to COWS, the makers of some well known ice cream...and let me tell you, it was DELISH! I had some coffee flavoured ice cream and it was sooooooo good!!!Chillin' with the cow...
Off to the beach! A nice lighthouse and some soft sand made this quite a pleasant outing!




My brother, running up the dunesAnd now I am at the top of the dunes looking down at my family...it's a pretty good distance, i'd say

This was our final night on PEI. We found this great lighthouse at a place called Pt. Prim and hung out there for quite a while to take some pictures....i made my family stay there until the sun went down so that we could see the sunset...it was amazing! i don't think these last photos need too much explanation, so enjoy!!











Well there you have it....the highlights from my trip out east. From PEI we took the ferry back to Nova Scotia for a couple of days and then I flew back to BC and real life began again...sigh...i love being on holidays...

3 comments:

rachel joy said...

what a GREAT family holiday! I'm so jealous. good times, good times. Hi to the fam for me.

The W's said...

Great pictures Kendel!

Theresa said...

I just came back to look at your amazing pics again and saw I never left a comment!!! What's up with that?!?!? AMAZING!!! AMAZING!!!