CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas recap

Ok so i promised a Christmas post once I got some pics emailed to me from my mom, so here we go. These pics aren't really in any particular order but rather just give a general overview of a few things that happened over the holidays.

The first thing that was different for us this year was that there were 5 of us for christmas, not just 4. My brother just got engaged in November, so his fiance Karen came to spend Christmas with us. Therefore part of our week was spend discussing wedding details and shopping for bridesmaid dresses. I would post a pic of my dress, but i'm not sure if I'm allowed! If you're in the Abbotsford area, come on over and I'll show you my dress...it's hanging up in my closet...lol

anyway, here we are playing a rousing game of Mexican Train, which is a domino-type game that's super fun. I gave this game to my parents for Christmas and if you've never played it, you should really try it out. We fit games of this in between games of Settlers of Catan!
Ok this pic was from right at the end of my week at home, this is when we went out for Thai food for my birthday. Me and my momma giving a Cheers!
And here's me with my parentals

These are all our stockings lined up Christmas morning...the kids get the sweet end of the deal, ours are the blue ones in the middle and my parents have the red ones on the end...you can see that ours are WAYYYYY bigger...lol!!! Hey don't blame me, my mom sewed them, so it's her fault!!

Here I am with 2 of my gifts, the new Harry Potter movie and my sweet sleek earmuffs that aren't really earmuffs, just more like ear protectors that are more stylish than the old school crazy colourful fuzzy earmuffs...lol remember those??!!
Family photo
And the classic photo that we take every year...."behind the tree"
And here we are giving a toast to David and Karen
There you go, a brief run down of my week. Between big meals, games and dress shopping, I also managed to squeeze in a 24-hour flu that gave me some time to catch up on my sleep. Because I got sick, I didn't get to do everything I wanted (like cross country skiing, or ice skating, or playing in the snow...classic Winnipeg winter activities) but oh well, try again next year!
Anyway, there you go, hope you enjoyed!!

4 comments:

The W's said...

Very fun Kendel! Congrats to your brother! How fun that he's getting married. Do they have a date set yet?

coffee-to-go-please said...

yeah they're getting married June 7

Vanessa said...

hurrah! i found your blog! (okay it wasn't that tough..) but just wanted to leave a comment cuz it's always fun to get comments!!

Theresa said...

Awe! Aren't you all cute together! Glad to have you back home!