CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 05, 2008

happy birthday to me!

Hey all - well a Christmas post will come sooon, I'm just waiting for my mom to email me some more pictures, as I didn't take all that many this year. So in the meantime, let me share with you another recent celebration...my birthday!!

this is my birthday piece of cheesecake, that helped culminate a great evening of good food and good friends.
Pam, Theresa, Chad and I all went out for supper at one of my favourite restaurants, Sammy J. Peppers. Of course we start off with the yummiest appy ever, blackjack strips, which are chicken strips with a lot of kick and they are awesome!! And then for dinner I ordered my new favorite dish, cajun chicken linguini. It's amazing for 2 reasons: first, it's just delish, and second it's a giant portion so I get it for lunch the next day too!!

Here's me and Pammer at the restaurant
and here's Theresa and Chad -- they don't get out much
lol ok here's a better picture of them
After dinner I got the choice of a free birthday dessert or a free birthday shot. Since we had already decided to go pick up pieces of cake and cheesecake from Afterthoughts Restaurant (best cheesecake ever, and where I used to be a baker!!) i opted for the free shot. The waitress asked if she could pick it for me, so i said sure. She came back with basically a giant martini glass of whip cream, with a shot hiding within...mmm...whipping cream....

mmm....shot....I'm not exactly sure what the shot even was, I think it might have been something along the Bailey lines, but all the whip cream was slightly distracting! Anyway it was really good.
After dinner, like I mentioned, we picked up cake and cheesecake. Then we went pack to Theresa and Chad's to play with their family's new Christmas gift....Nintendo Wii!!!!!!!! Figured it was time to burn off a few dinner calories...lol. I'm sure most of you know what the Wii is, they're everywhere now, hottest Christmas gift ever. But the rundown is that you hold the controler in your hand and it senses your movements, so you play interactively with the tv. So like if you were playing golf, you would swing your imaginary "air club" just like if you were on a real golf course, and then based on the force, speed and direction you exert, the ball on the screen would react accordingly. it's pretty cool
We began with a fun game. Here's Chad in action. We played this game where you have to shake the hand devices whenever the bunnies land on a certain spot, so you can really get your groove on if you get into it, and getting the timing down can be hard!

Allie did not like the fact that the TV was getting all our attention and not her

See, i was really getting into the game. wooooo rock on bunnies!After taking on the bunny game, we switched over to a rousing game of bowling, so like i described above, you hold the controler like you were holding a bowling ball, and do the same hand/body motions like you were really at a bowling alley. You can put spin on the ball and everything. Sorry i don't have a pic of the bowling...next time i'll have to get one!
And that was my birthday!! it was lots of fun (despite being sick with a cough/cold...booo...being sick on your birthday is not enjoyable) and here's to the last year of my 20s being GREAT!!!



3 comments:

rachel joy said...

Good times. Even I know this, you're not supposed to use your hands to get that shot out of the whipped cream! I want a wii. And I want to visit with you. Soon.

The W's said...

Yeah for fun birthdays!!

Theresa said...

I'm sooo glad you are able to handle going out with us old farts!!! We need you to socialize us!!! hehehe
It was a privaledge (sp?) to be able to celebrate with you! The best night of the year!