CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My love affair with the Coen Brothers

I like good films. Perhaps you knew thsi about me. Or perhaps you just know that I enjoy "wierd movies" like my mom says. At any rate, I must say that I adore the Coen Brothers. Why do i adore them? Because they are terribly creative, cinematrographical (is that a word?) geniuses, and make movies that are just plain wacky and wonderful at the same time. Of course you are probably hearing about the Coen's recently, as their film No Country for Old Men is receiving all sorts of Oscar buzz.

This past weekend I finally got a chance to see No Country. It was good. And definitely wierd in a way that is only Coen-esque. But it wasn't my favorite Coen film. So allow me to take you on a little journey through some of the oldies but goodies!!

It all began back in the mid '80s with Raising Arizona and Blood Simple


Perhaps you hadn't even heard of those films. I do recommend them, however! So let's go to something a little more mainstream. Intolerable Cruelty and O Brother Where Art Thou - i'm sure you've heard of at least one of these films!!!

And now to my FAVORITE Coen films, which also happen to be 2 of my favorite films EVER: Fargo and Barton Fink. I'm sure most people have heard of Fargo, and I know not a lot of people like this film, but I still love it, man the one-liners in this film are sweet.



Anyway, this was my little tribute to the Coen's. Don't worry, I'll be back with a "real post" about my life soon....it's just that I forgot my camera at work, and I had taken a bunch of pictures of our fresh snowfall, so those will come later this week!!!!! In the mean time, perhaps I've given you some ideas for some good movie watching this weekend??!!!!!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Sorry, we just don't see eye to eye in the movie department! Love my Hitch!