CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

NYC part deux

Alrighty...let's carry on, shall we? Well it's now Wednesday, Pammer and I get 1/2 price tickets to 'A Chorus Line', a show we really know nothing about, but what the heck, let's go see it. And then when walking down Broadway later, suddenly realize that our show has a lot more to offer than we thought....in the likes of Mario Lopez! (you've seen the teaser pic, I know, but here are a few pics leading up to that momentous event)

I'm practicing my dance moves with him
a little bit of pectorals never hurt anyone....right??!!

We visited Ground Zero. There's actually not that much to see at the site itself; there's a lot of construction going on, as they've started rebuilding, and so everything is fenced off and you just see a bunch of cranes. However, in the church across the street there's a memorial. It was in this church that all the firemen, police, ambulance etc. ate and slept while helping out after 9-11. The cool thing was that once people had finished helping out, they left their badges behind, creating this great display.


This is the street corner of our Harlem dwelling. It's quite lovely, once you make friends with the burly black men who live down the street...lol
The other Broadway play we saw: Chicago! It was fantastic!
Pammer having a pensive moment looking over at the Brooklyn Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge, from the Brooklyn side, so that skyline belongs to Manhatten
Seriously my favorite signs. They're hilarious!!
The Statue of Liberty! Pammer and I took a 75 minute harbour cruise (thrown in for 'free' with our hop-on-hop-off bus tour ticket) that went out past Lady Liberty and back
Ok these pics are really out of order, sorry...here we are back on the Brookly Bridge as we walked across


My signature type of shot, the sunglasses reflection (also when I got in trouble by the park police for taking pictures that were "too artistic - you need a permit for things like that"...yeah...ok...) Anyway, that's the Manhatten bridge in my glasses, and the Brooklyn bridge in the backdrop
Rockefellar Plaza, home of the NBC gift shop, other important things and a wicked observation deck, which, because of the bad expedition to the Empire State building, I was willing to fork over some more money to get to the top of this building...I was going to see some high city views if it killed me!!!!
Radio City Music Hall, just across the street from the Rockefellar building
Pammer and I, "Top-of-the-Rock"
The view, looking north. Isn't it perty??!! I love the big greenspace of Central Park

A view off the other direction, featuring the Empire State building

And there you have it......an overview of the NYC adventure!!! It was fantastic, fun, hot and busy, but we had a great time!!!


1 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm such a bad blogger these days! I haven't even been checking my friends blogs!!!
Fantastic post! I am sooooo thrilled you guys got to have such a trip together! I just have to smile when I think about it!