CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Let's decorate!!!!

Well look! It's an empty corner! Whatever shall I fill it with??????
For the past few years, I haven't put much effort into decorating for Christmas. The reasoning behind this lack of decorating has been because a) i go home to Winnipeg for Christmas so i'm not even here over Dec 25 to enjoy a tree et al. b) i've been in school, thus too busy and too poor to have many decorations and c) i've been somewhat transient, living in different rental suites year after year, and not ever really calling any of them "home".
Enter Dec 2008, and I have now rectified b & c respectively, which in turn has allowed me to say "who cares if i'm not here for Dec 25 and the surrounding days...I still have Dec 1-22 in which to enjoy a festive atmosphere". So i took a trip to Walmart, bought me a (fake) tree and a few ornaments, got out the few decorations already stockpiled in a box, and on Friday night, Pammer and I got to work!!!
My tree came in a nice little box, complete with attached lights and everything...it doesn't get much easier than that!

add a pomegranite martini for good measure, and let the decorating fun begin!!!

We got the tree mostly complete (though a trip back to Walmart was now pending for Saturday afternoon....) and then decided to switch up the fun. So Theresa and Josh came over with Guitar Hero 4, and soon thereafter, Theresa and Chad came by for some rockin' good times!!!!!
We all (and by 'all' i mean Pammer and I) had to concentrate really hard (even on 'easy'...i know, i know...). Pammer and I actually ended up sharing the drums because it was just too much for one person to handle....quit mocking now, I just need to practice more!!!

Chad gave up the guitar for a bit and showed off his high-pitched-out-of-range vocal 'talent'
Theresa and Theresa were very good spectators
And by the end, it was Josh and Chad rocking out (on 'expert' i'm sure...) while the rest of us watched in awe...

Now, back to the decorating. Like I said, another trip to Walmart was in order, and by Sunday night, my tree was pretty much done (except for a few small details, like a tree topper...which will come in good time, once I find one i like) so here are some pictures of my festive living room for your viewing pleasure!!!


5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

DIG.IT! great decorating!! looks all festive and fun. we're gonna be doing that over here, too, this week.

Alana said...

Wow! So festive Laur - I love it! Your condo looks really cool...I wish I could come visit! By the way, as an English teacher I'm somewhat distressed by the fact that you refuse to capitalize the pronoun form of "I". What's the deal yo?

Raz said...

I love, love, LOVE your tree!
So had a blast on Friday night too!!!!
Thanks for inviting us! :O)

Twinkle Toes said...

very nice, i'd like to visit and warm up with some wassail!

L&D said...

Oh my goodness....LOVE the tree. Now, you must come over to my house and see my tree.
Oh wait.
It's not up.

Dang it. That was awkward.