CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

winter wonderland and other such things

life has been hectic. and that's an understatement. i've been out every night in almost 2 weeks, and the only reason i'm home tonight is because we got a blizzard goin' on out there and i am STAYING IN!!!! Sad...because we were to have our bible study Christmas party and cookie exchange tonight (photo of my hard work to follow later in this post), which i was greatly looking forward to...but let me tell you, it's much warmer and safer at home. Thankfully, my workplace shut down early this afternoon; I was able to brave the roads mid-afternoon and made it home safe and sound....good job Mazzy (there are many cars in the ditch...).
I've been taking some random shots of the miscelaneties (is that even a word?)of the past few weeks, so let's start with those...and then some pics of the snow!!!
Here are some of my favorite decorations on my tree. The reason I took these photos was because I was experimenting with different camera modes and using my tripod...but more importantly, these 2 ornaments represent 2 of my great loves.....


Like I mentioned, tonight was to be a cookie exchange with my bible study ladies. 7 of us were in on it, which means that after all is exchanged, I will have a great variety of baked goods...7 dozen cookies, each dozen different...mmm....i made ginger snaps...
Again, a bit of experimenting the other night (it was freezing out, so i couldn't stay out that long). This picture didn't turn out the way I would have hoped, but i think it still looks kinda cool. this is the moon from my balcony

Pammer and I went to Vancouver on Sunday to see Jose's new place and also stop in at Mike and Jen's Christmas party. We got there just as the sun was going down and so I snapped this picture of one of Vancouver's many bridges...(i forget which one this is...maybe the Burrard St. bridge, or the Granville St. bridge....i dunno...)

And now...the snow. Like I mentioned, I got to come home from work early. Later this afternoon, i decided to bundle up and go for a walk to Mill Lake. Here are a few pics from my adventures in the snow




And now i'm hanging out with Pammer...we're watching the Canucks game, drinking wine and wrapping presents in front of the fireplace....and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

love the christmas ornaments! I really wanted a starbucks one also.

Anonymous said...

Loving the Burrard pic. Can it be one of the 3 o've commissioned you for? Also how much did you love the trevor ceremony??!! I managed to sneak in and watch the whole thing. Only thing I didn't like was his wife. Someone shoudl take the stick out.

Raz said...

He he hee!
Love that last comment.
I was pretty perturbed with her as well. Could we muster up some wifely support?!
Pretty sure there is kazillions of us who would sign up for the chance to be by his side.
Sheesh....
Nice post!! Love the pictures!

L&D said...

Snow day is definately coming tomorrow (Sunday). Look out! Great photos, yet again. My fav is the bench with snow on it. I'm partial to the linear photos. Call me anal.