CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas in Winnipeg part I

Well, my time in Winnipeg is just about over (i fly back to BC tomorrow) but i suppose this first post about my christmas is better late than never!!! BC was blasted with snowstorms leading up to my departure date and I was lucky enough to be flying on the what may have been the only good day for air travel this christmas season. I flew out on Monday the 22nd. I love getting the window seat from Abbotsford to Calgary (well, on a clear day anyway) because the view is amazing. Rebs (my camrea, in case you didn't know) travelled safely stowed under the seat infront of me, and I couldn't resist snapping a few scenic shots. I think i`ll see if Westjet will buy this shot from me...lol



After a few minor delays and a chai latte in the Calgary airport I arrived in Winnipeg (man is it cold here!!) That first night I helped my mom decorate the Christmas tree (i made her wait until I arrived home...lol) and then found an old tripod so that I could play around with my camera in low lighting. I love how the christmas lights look!

Christmas morning was sunny and quiet, as it was just me and my parents this year (my brother and wife didn`t come home). We (well, I) slept in, then opened our stockings and presents.
Then the afternoon was filled with what have become my traditional Christmas day jobs....decorating the cake and the gingerbread men!!! Food coloring out, ready to go!!And the finished product!
Dinner table all ready to go for visitors
Dad hard at work carving the turkey
And before you know it, it was over! time sure does fly. And so to conclude this first part of my trip, here are some pictures of new ornaments we got this year that I really like, and capture well some important words of the season.



Stay tuned for Part II - To Pinawa, for skiing adventures and beyond...

2 comments:

Raz said...

Man, I love those Christmas tree photos!
You've got such a gift, there girl.
The cake picture with the food colouring little dudes looks like it should be in a magazine.
Love it!

The W's said...

Yay for a great Christmas! Nice pics!