CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas Part II -- Adventures in Pinawa

On Boxing day, we headed up to Pinawa to visit my aunt and uncle as well as my cousin Susan and her family who were also visiting for Christmas. Pinawa is a cute little town and i hadn't been up there to visit for a number of years so i was looking forward to it. The deer greeted us upon arrival...or should i say they wandered nearby, trodding down the streets and didn't really care to leave until they had found enough to eat!



As I mentioned, my cousin Susan and her family were also visiting for Christmas. Her kids are really cute so unfortunately for them that meant they were subject to impromptu photoshoots with me...but as you can tell from some of their pics, i don't think they minded too much!!
Erik (1.5 yrs) is a mischevious little thing that you need to keep your eye on at all times....
Alaina (3.5) (who you've seen in previous blog posts) probably has a larger vocabulary than I do...lol...we spent some quality time together watching Tinkerbell and Ariel dvd's...good times

And the main event of the weekend was cross-country skiing! Susan and I went skiing not once, not twice but THREE times, each day on a longer trail and by day three, did an 11km loop - add that to the first 2 days and we skied over 20km when all was said and done. Good job us!!! Here we are sporting our Cona toques...doing some free advertising for my cousin Karla (Susan's sister) and Brian
And what follows are a variety of photos from all three days of skiing (yes i had Rebs strapped to my back at all times!!).
Icicles on one of the warming huts

The skiing gang on day three (from L to R) Uncle Alf, my dad, Susan and Monty (in the front row)
The scenery was amazing! I almost fell many many times because I was looking at the wonderful scenery and not paying attention to where I was skiing...lol





My dad in action!

And to prove I was actually skiing...and not just making up stories...here I am with Monty
And here's my dear cuzzy
Some sunset shots taken from the car on the drive back to Winnipeg...the prairies are great for sunsets




And there you have it! A few days later I was back on an airplane on my way to BC. Time flies, but it was definitely an enjoyable time at home!!

0 comments: