CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

a little cap and a little gown

Well, it is now official...I walked across the stage this weekend, donning the cap and gown and everything...and i have graduated. From now on, please address all written correspondance to "Laura Kendel, MA" tee hee!!

Anyway....my parents came out from Winnipeg for the big event. Pammer and her parents also wanted to show their support and add to my cheering section, so the 6 of us headed for Seattle, did some shopping, went out for Thai food, stayed in a hotel, and had a great weekend!!!

There were a bunch of cameras snapping shots, but so far i've only uploaded pics from my camera, so here are a few shots of the big event...more to come later, once i get pics from the others.

Here I am, post-ceremony, in my loverly cap and gown, with my diploma and a beautiful bouquet from the famous Pike's Market
The table of diplomas

Shaking hands with the school president, who i think looked like a Joker in that outfit....


With my "adopted family", the Hieberts

And with my proud parents (who provided the financial backing, allowing me to get to this place....)


Pondering...what does the future hold... (or thinking about my beautiful new car...!!)
My flowers....so pretty!!


Thee Diploma


5 comments:

The W's said...

Woohoo!!! You're done!! Congrats again Kendel. Glad you were able to have people come out and support you!

Theresa said...

Ya! Big congrats friend!!! Your pics are great! What is your weekend looking like? I'm thinking we need to get some pumkins and let you do your magic again!
Sunday afternoon?

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura..MA. Judi here from Winnipeg. Congrats to you and I am so happy for you and proud of you for your BIG accomplishment...I know you have worked hard. I am a little jealous of the car thing but I'll get over it. Hope to see you next summer.

ps: your pictures from the lake were beautiful and your blog about crocs was cute...you are a very creative woman.

LeAnna said...

Well, good for you! This is such exciting new! (((Big, hug hugs)))

LeAnna said...

Ummm....let me try that one again! E was in here and distracted me from my thoughts (which really weren't much). Good for you! This is such exciting news!!! (((Big, Huge hugs)))