CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

pumpkin carving 2007

Well it has become a tradition over the last few years for me to find fun/somewhat difficult pictures to carve into my pumpkins. It is getting harder to one-up myself every year....i'm not really sure what i'm going to tackle next year...

I carved 2 pumpkins this year: The Mona Lisa and Calvin & Hobbes...i think both turned out pretty well.

Here are my 2 pumpkins side by side

A close up of the Mona Lisa

I spent today carving my Mona Lisa and hanging out with the Unrau's (my friend Pam's sister and family). Here are the results from an afternoon of hard work. Maya (age 8, with some help from papa Chad) carved the dog in the middle, and Kassie (age 12) did the horse.

A few nights ago, when i tackled my Calvin & Hobbes pattern, I spent the evening hanging out with my friends Kristi and Dominic. Kristi carved the cat all curled up for a nap and Dom carved some sort of Transformer-type thing


Another shot of Calvin & Hobbes



And just to remind you what i've had to top from the past 2 years: Last year i carved the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin


And the year before, it was Jesus, though this isn't the best shot, you can still get the image


So, I have a year to figure out how to top all this next year....!!!!

2 comments:

rachel joy said...

way cool! you crafy lady, you!

The McKays said...

ok, seriously, you carved these? i thought you were kidding at first. can i have the patterns? this would be fun next year. wow, such talent!