CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 04, 2009

the big 3-0


Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 30. That's kindof a big birthday. I decided a while ago that the appropriate thing to do was to throw myself a party! We had food, we had drink, we had...a lot of snow. The west coast has been the recipiant of snow storm after snow storm this holiday season. This was the view from my bedroom window when i woke up. Beautiful, yes. Good driving conditions? No. But that was ok...many of my friends from Abbotsford still came over for a fun evening, and I now have a whole bunch of reasons to go to Vancouver and have "belated birthday dinners" with others!!!





Check out my sweet crown! it says "princess for a day" lol!! I got the giant martini glass with the dolphins on it...sweet....

Good times with friends!!! This is my friend Courtney. We both used to be bakers at Afterthoughts Restaurant. We can make amazing cheesecake!

Layla, Kristi and Deanna

Greg (hubby to Deanna) and Mike (hubby to Courtney)

Theresa, Chad and Theresa

Kim and her Dutchman Jaco

YAY cake! and by cake, I mean DQ ice cream cake with an awesome Canucks logo!!!!!


We forgot to get candles for the cake, so shoved this big sucker into the frozen cake as best we could and i had to blow it out fast before it fell over...that's why i only have one candle...lol


So, I'm officially in the 30s. So far, it's not so bad!

7 comments:

Mama Bear said...

awww...i really wanted to come, but i was a little snowed in :( But yes, you should come HERE for another birthday bash!

Catherine said...

Awww!!! I am so sad I missed this - it looks like you had a blast. Happy birthday!!! =)

Raz said...

He he hee!
Fabulous affair, darling.
Loves it!

Anonymous said...

thanks for taking the blame with the candles. It's ok, you can say that I was the one who forgot to buy them. Well, I will just have to make it up to you!!! It was a great party.

Twinkle Toes said...

happy belated and welcome! you're right it's not awful and they say it the new 20! You look great by the way.

L&D said...

Yay princess! Looks like your b-day was as wonderful......as you. Sigh. I'm such a heartbreaker.

Theresa said...

Fun fun! Happy happy b-day old lady! Love ya!